Thursday, April 19, 2012

Farewell party


Last weekend me and my friend Ida decided to hold a farewell party for our Japanese exchange students from Tokyo.

Since they lived in rental student apartments instead of host families our idea was to invite them over and do some Finnish home-cooking for them to experience! 

First we picked them up from their student box with the car and went for some chaotic grocery shopping in Itäkeskus together.


I don’t have a proper outfit picture so this maniac here shall do.

This is how much I enjoy being in the kitchen.

Bow: Yumetenbo
Shirt(s): Cryx  ・ 109
 Jeans: Heaven and Earth  ・ 109


Close-up on my eye make-up for the first time!


Anyway, the menu of the day turned out like this:

Karjalanpiirakka (karelian pasty) and smoked salmon
Sautéed reindeer and mashed potato
Korvapuusti (cinnamon roll) and coffee

 
Surprisingly everything went better than expected and Yuri and Yuko wanted to help and actually even enjoyed the food! 

For some additional entertainment we taught them crucial information about Finland, including the Finnish “Barbie”, Tuksu, and the Finnish Justin Bieber, Robin.


Dessert in making!


And the finished product! Yummyy!



And finally a group picture of course!

Yuko, Ida, Yuri, Mia, meh, Yuuso

☆☆☆

Oh and yes! I got challenged by Haru! Here goes her 11 questions!

 ☆☆☆

1. Your fav/hated food?
My favourite is Chinese! I eat almost anything but I don’t like olives in food. Or natto. Brrr.

2. Are you scared of something? And what is it.
Sounds superficial but I’m scared of becoming old and fugly. Generally the future scares me.

3. Do you have a sister or brother? How old are they?
None, I’m an only child and happy with it! :3

4. If you ever could have the opportunity to meet some known person face to face, who would it be? (be honest :3)
I’d love to meet Ayami Kojima, best known as the (ex-)concept artist for the Konami Castlevania-game series! She is a tremendous inspiration for me!

5. What kind of music do you like the most?
Probably electronic music and soundtracks if I had to pick! Closest to my heart are industrial/EBM/electro, happy hardcore, funeral doom, symphonic metal and goth.

6. Do you drink/smoke?
I drink occasionally and smoke very rarely.

7. What is/was your favourite school subject?
Anything with a nice teacher! This years’ no. 1 might be typography.

8. How many foreign languages do you know? What are the languages?
I speak Finnish and English fluently, Japanese and Swedish is so-so and German and French... very little. Oh and I’ve also studied Chinese but I just can’t remember that impossible shit.

9. Which artist’s/band’s concert you’d like to go? You can share a few.
I’d really die to see Combichrist again! Was some steaming hot live when I saw them last year at a cyber goth club with Inka! I’d also want to see a Kisaki-band live, I was kinda disappointed Rin didn’t come to Finland after all. ( ̄^ ̄)

10. Do you have any bad/unhealthy habits? (fast-food, alcohol, etc.)
Argh, I bite my nails. It’s a terrible habit. That’s why you won’t see pretty nails-pics from me. At least for a while.

11. If you ever could meet me face to face, what would you do? :D
I’d try to get to know you and have you as my friend! ( o´ω`)v ☆

☆☆☆

☆P.S.☆

I don’t know how I managed to contain this so long but 
OHMIGOSH my package from Rakuten arrived! 

So stay tuned, new clothes coming up! Not to mention the Buffalo Bobs faggot-handbag!

No comments:

Post a Comment